SONA: Unpeeled is a project consisting of an interactive sound installation and a series of live events in Sheffield showcasing women in electronic music.
Each event contained a performance by an invited musician using innovative music technology. Performances were followed by an artist talk and discussion, aimed at skill sharing, and with a view to breaking down barriers to entry into music technology.
We discuss the project further in the first 20 minutes of this podcast:
- SONA Open Studio at YSWN CIC Launch, 14 Sep 2018
- SONA presents Unpeeled: Ryoko Akama, 21 Sep 2018
- SONA presents Unpeeled: Amble Skuse, 13 Oct 2018
- SONA presents Unpeeled: Vicky Clarke, 2 Nov 2018
- SONA presents Unpeeled: Sarah Watts, 30 Nov 2018
- SONA presents Unpeeled: Otherworld & AGF, 8 Feb 2019
Alongside each event, we (SONA) created an interactive sound installation, generating a unique soundscape that responded in real-time to live input sound. The installation welcomed performers and audience into an environment designed to explore sound in space, and served as an aural record of the project by inviting musicians and audience members alike to contribute to the soundscape.
There’s more info still on the SONA website… Many thanks to the whole team for a wonderful project experience!
SONA: Unpeeled events are generously supported by the Sound and Music Composer-Curator programme, PRS Foundation and Arts Council England.