Time & Location
- 23 Jan, 10:00 – 24 Jan, 15:00.
- Transport from: DINA, 12 Fitzalan Square, Sheffield City Centre, Sheffield S1 2AZ, UK.
- We are inviting women, non-binary and trans people to participate.
- If you have any accessibility needs or limited mobility of any kind please contact email@example.com to check in.
- Free to attend, but registration required via https://www.dinavenue.com/event-details/dina-versity-site-specific-composition-w-sona
About the Event
Exploring site-specific composition – a two day workshop exploring the history and landscape of Wentworth Woodhouse, the second largest stately home in the UK. Practical sessions introducing music creators to the process of creating a work based on place, history and a physical landscape.
Day one – an exclusive behind the scenes visit to Wentworth Woodhouse with cameras, notebooks and sound recording devices. Check out the site that we’ll be working on: http://wentworthwoodhouse.org.uk/
Day two – Back at DINA, exploring the research materials and developing compositional themes.
This activity is supported by Yorkshire Sound Women Network’s Permission to Play programme, funded by the Paul Hamlyn Foundation.