I’ve just completed Seiche’s advanced training course in Marine Acoustics and Signal Processing (an unanticipated benefit of everything moving online during these locked-down months).
It was brilliant to spend a week concentrating on sound in water – revising my original training in acoustics, and expanding my understanding beyond my recent realms of sound in air, in computers and our brains…
The course covered:
- Acoustics in the ocean environment
- Underwater noise sources and receivers
- Underwater acoustic modelling
- The sonar equation and dBs in ocean acoustics
- Signal processing, features, metrics and statistics
- Environmental impact assessment, especially of anthropogenic noise on marine mammals
Further information is available on Seiche’s website at https://www.seiche.com/marine-acoustics-signal-processing/
I would like to thank the UK Acoustics Network for generously funding my place on this course.